3. Later additions

At the end of the great war a stained glass East window was erected by subscription from the parishioners in memory of those who gave their lives.

 

 

In 1936 work was begun on an extension to the main church. On 26th April the first sod was turned by the Rev. George Fry, vicar, in the building of the Lady Chapel. The foundation stone of the new extension was laid on 3rd June 1936 by Lady Robinson. The building work was done by members of the church and various helpers themselves.

 

 

The Lady Chapel was consecrated by the Bishop of Southwell on Saturday April 17th 1937.

 

Advertisements

Posted March 21, 2011 by stthomaschurchkirkby